Sustainment Maintenance Technician Jobs Vacancy in Maersk
Maersk urgently required following position for Sustainment Maintenance Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Sustainment Maintenance Technician Jobs Vacancy in Maersk Jobs Details:
Maersk Line, Limited is providing support to the U.S. Army Prepositioned Stock - 4 (APS-4) Watercraft/Modular Causeway System (MCS) Care of Supplies in Storage (COSIS), Exercise and Maintenance program located at the Watercraft Equipment Base – Yokohama North Dock (WEB-YND) in Yokohama, Japan, in order to support Military and Humanitarian actions worldwide.
The Sustainment Maintenance Technician will be responsible to the Sustainment Maintenance Manager for the execution of identified Sustainment Maintenance Below Depot Level repairs as directed. The Sustainment Maintenance Technicians perform hands on repairs and will interface with and provide direct management of sustainment maintenance personnel, subcontractors and vendors in the execution of vessel and MCS sustainment repair requirements. The technicians will manage vessel repair tasks to include parts research and identification, parts and materials ordering and tracking, job ticket management, Army War Reserve Deployment System (AWRDS) database updates. The Sustainment Maintenance Technician will prepare, maintain and provide records and reports to the Sustainment Maintenance Manager in accordance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) requirements. The technician may be required to hold certifications in Caterpillar, Cummins, Electro-Motive Division (EMD) and Detroit Diesel propulsion and power generation systems, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 608 Universal Certification, National Association of Coating Examiners (NACE)/The Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC) Level 2 Qualification and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)/Certified Welding Inspector (CWI).
Maersk Line, Limited offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our current and new customers. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, such as health insurance, dental and vision insurance, a 401K savings plan with an employer match, and paid time off. Maersk Line, Limited encourages continuous learning at work, and we offer various development opportunities to our employees.Key responsibilities
- Responsible to the Sustainment Maintenance Manager to direct, coordinate and monitor subcontractors and vendors, on a daily basis, ensuring performance and compliance with safety, environmental standards, identified fault repair schedules and adherence to projected costs.
- Required to perform and execute hands on troubleshooting and maintenance requirements up to and including Air Conditioning and Refrigeration unit repairs and replacement, electrical/electronics repair, engine repairs to include rebuilds, pipe repairs and replacement, motors and pump repairs, large scale welding and brazing operations, deck equipment repairs etc. without supervision or directive.
- Oversee Sustainment Maintenance Below Depot Level activities of subcontractor/vendors for unplanned and planned maintenance requirements
- Advise the Sustainment Maintenance Manager of the status of the work in progress, material availability and any potential problems and recommend corrective action measures to ensure that personnel, equipment, material and services are provided as needed
- Develop and maintain Sustainment Maintenance Below Depot Level documentation in accordance with Performance Work Statement requirements as directed by the Sustainment Maintenance Manager
- Responsible to the Sustainment Maintenance Manager to provide weekly fault projections and fault actuals (completed repairs), to include man hours associated with task execution
- Perform upload of maintenance data into AWRDS, provide job sheets from AWRDS for task man hour tracking and utilize AWRDS for parts and materials tracking
- Perform management of fault repairs in accordance with Technical Manuals (TMs), Army Regulations (ARs), Technical Bulletins (TBs) and Original Equipment Manufacurers (OEMs) recommended processes and procedures
- Research and provide parts documentation for ordering through Global Combat Support System - Army (GCSS – Army) and Local Purchasing from vendors
- Will perform tasks as requested and when requested by the COSIS General Manager in support of COSIS operations that may be outside of normal daily requirements
- Will accept and perform additional duties and achieve additional certifications in support of Sustainment Maintenance Below Depot Level COSIS Operations as requested and appointed by the COSIS General Manager
- Will be required to perform Engine Logbook entries.
Education and Experience:
- Candidate must have been at a minimum a Senior Army/Navy NCO or USCG Merchant Mariner/Engineer with 10-15 years of Watercraft/Ship Repair maintenance experience or have 10-15 years extensive background performing Watercraft/Ship Repairs within a shipyard environment
- Proficient in the use of AWRDS and maintenance management systems such as ABS Nautical Systems (NS) NS5 Fleet Management Software, Scheduling and Milestone Management (SAMM) etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and he/she must be adaptive and flexible in meeting the needs of the business.
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen capable of obtaining a security clearance from the Defense Security Service (DSS).
Technical Skills and Competencies Required:
- MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook, web applications, and document publishing applications (preferable)
- Preferred individual that holds certifications in one or all of the following: Caterpillar, Cummins, EMD and Detroit Diesel propulsion and power generation systems, EPA 608 Universal Certification, National Association of Coating Examiners (NACE)/The Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC) Level 2 Qualification and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)/Certified Welding Inspector (CWI).