Support Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Ericsson
Ericsson urgently required following position for Support Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Support Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Ericsson Jobs Details:
The primary responsibility of this position is to open, drive to resolution, follow up and report on technical issues for customers, mainly in post-sales. This includes all the activities related to customer support and the coordination of this support activity.
The Support Engineer typically interacts with customer technical staff, operation managers, service engineers and other groups within the Service Delivery organization. You may also interact with groups in sales, R&D, 3rd party suppliers and local authorities.
As there are no distinct borders between the areas, you will need to be flexible and master more than one area. The technical development is rapid and you are responsible for continuously keeping your competence and skills up to date.
Working as a support engineer will require a broad knowledge within with Envivio’s, VSPP, Media First, with TV middleware experience or at least E2E TV experience, covering both hardware, software and network knowledge. You will work, collaborate, and communicate in an international environment, both with colleagues internally as well as customers and suppliers to Ericsson. The role more than often requires you to take on big responsibility and it is important that you can work independently.
- Provide phone and e-mail technical support for partners and customers with support contracts
- Effectively and clearly communicate with the customer to determine root cause of all issues. (i.e. - obtain the support package and all necessary technical information in order to qualify the customer issue)
- Perform root cause analysis and reproduce the problem to the extent possible.
- Work closely with internal support, engineering and professional services teams to ensure timely issue resolutions.
- Provide workarounds, as appropriate, based on the experience and the information in the database (Salesforce).
- Resolve all issues in a timely manner and confirm closure with the customer.
- Document all details of the case and contact with customers via case entries in Salesforce.
- Escalate where required to resolve problems. Involve management where required to assign required resources. Provide regular, professional feedback to the customer.
- Coordinate weekly with the customer support team on all open trouble tickets and write a weekly report.
Leading the analysis and resolution of technical issues arising with all Ericsson TV & Media products.
o Planning and implementing upgrade and expansion procedures.
o Monitoring the deployed system.
o Answering questions from customers and prospective customers about the features and capabilities of the Ericsson TV & Media products.
o Developing customer facing documentation as needed.
o Communicating customer requirements to our product and engineering staff
- BS in computer science or electrical engineering
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience (video or cable industry experience is a requirement)
- Knowledgeable in major technical disciplines necessary for the end-to-end system design, analysis, integration, and testing of various digital video broadcast and delivery systems.
- Familiar with IPTV set-top boxes and IPTV deployment
- Familiar with OTT formats and systems is a plus
- Knowledgeable in Windows and Linux System Administration
- Understanding of Internet protocols such as FTP, MFTP, HTTP (XML, HTML), and SSH
- Deep understanding of MPEG-2, MPEG-4 H.264/AVC compression and streaming video technologies including HLS, HSS, FMP4, and RTMP.
- Familiar with Mobile Television streaming standards.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface with all customers/partners in a professional manner.
- Very familiar with IP network switching and routing protocols.
- Experience in a multicultural environment is a plus.
- Fluent in Japanese and English is mandatory
3-5 years of experience in supporting large scale deployments, preferably software solutions.
o Experienced in production critical systems’ 24/7 environment support
o Strong analytical skills and able to collate and analyze data from various sources. Understand Big-Data environment.
o At least 4-5 years of experience with Linux OS (Command line) - Mandatory.
o Experience with the following: High Availability clusters, Client - Server systems, Installing web server applications, Linux administration skills, Log analysis, etc.
o Networking – Solid understanding of network fundamentals (TCP/IP, Ethernet, subnetting, routing, switches, Wireshark/ tcpdump) and any network diagnostics skills (hands on) - Mandatory.
o Storage and video experience are an advantage
o Scripting experience capabilities (Shell, Python, Perl, etc...).
o SQL Database experience (SQL) - preferably operational support experience
o Knowledge in data centers / Cloud environment.
- Competence and Skills
o Excellent communication skills
o Ability to effectively handle multiple customer demands and priorities
o Strong teamwork skills
o Strong understanding of changing pace and culture of operator environment
o Excellent command of English communication, written and verbal
o Good diagnostics and problem solving skills
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Japan (JP) || || JP-37-YO Yokohama || 21090
Req ID: 232007