Cashier Customer Service Jobs Vacancy in Air Force Nonappropriated Fund Afnaf Services Career Program
- Cashier Customer Service
- Air Force Nonappropriated Fund Afnaf Services Career Program
- 13 Mar, 2018 30+ days ago
Air Force Nonappropriated Fund Afnaf Services Career Program urgently required following position for Cashier Customer Service. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cashier Customer Service Jobs Vacancy in Air Force Nonappropriated Fund Afnaf Services Career Program Jobs Details:
Performs customer service function by providing general information on club operations, services, special events, etc., to customers either in person or by phone. Assists customers with club card and cash transactions. Accepts and processes new membership applications, transfers of membership and out processes members. Accepts and records club card payments, makes routine changes to accounts such as change in address, addition of family members, billing cycle, and make routine inquiries at customer’s request. Buys and sells yen using the proper daily yen exchange rate. Conducts harvests and fills slot machines and kiosks, reconciles cash counts with monitoring devices and completes applicable reports. Pays jackpots as required and reports malfunctions as necessary. Sets up and operates cash registers taking payments and making change for purchases during lunch periods or as otherwise assigned. Maintains petty cash account and prepares refund vouchers. Takes reservations and/or sells tickets for special events such as holiday meals, entertainment, programs such as Bingo Extravaganza, and other promotions. Processes pro rata sheets for special functions and accepts payments. Reconciles cash at end of shift, completes cashier reports, reviews and analyzes transactions to trace source of discrepancies and reports any shortages or overages and ensures all supporting documents, e.g., checks, charge card sales slips, guest checks, etc., are present. Maintains strict vigilance over daily transactions and notifies supervisor immediately of any suspicious occurrences, irregularities, or unusual requests. Performs surprise cash counts as directed. Answers telephone and directs calls to appropriate staff members. Performs other duties as assigned. Position is a position of trust.
Applicants must have cash handling experience which required the direct handling of cash and preparation of cash reconciliation report (beginning balance, amounts received and disbursed, numbers and types of transactions, ending balance). Must also have experience which required skill in making basic mathematical computations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) quickly and accurately and with attention to detail. Must have good command of the English language to include speaking, reading and writing. Must have a friendly and outgoing personality. Must meet squadron dress and grooming standards.
Must be able to work an irregular tour of duty to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Appointment is subject to completion of a National Agency Check with satisfactory results as a condition of employment. Must be able to obtain a Food Handler's Certificate or complete food handler's training. Must be able to satisfactorily complete a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) as a condition of employment.
If position is announced as Regular Full Time (RFT) or Regular Part Time (RPT) you will be eligible for annual leave, sick leave, retirement, 401(k), health and life insurance. If you are a civil service employee with DoD, you may be eligible to keep the current retirement. As a Nonappropriated Fund employee, you are eligible to use the fitness center, golf course, bowling center, clubs, swimming pools and other Force Support Squadron facilities.
Applicant’s claiming Military Spouse, Family Member, Transitional or Veteran’s Hiring Preference must submit required documents to be considered. Reference the Preferences Tab above for required documents. We are not responsible for employment ineligibilities based on missing information or lack of documentation.
1. Please ensure that your application/resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on this form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job . If selected for an interview, applicants can expect to be contacted 1-3 weeks after the interview with a position offer or notification of non-selection.
2. All Federal NAF employees are required by PL 104-134 to have salary payments made by electronic funds transfer/direct deposit.
3. Internal NAF applicants pay may be set according to applicable pay setting rules.
4. For current appropriated fund (APF) employees, portability pay setting rules apply (REF: AFMAN 34-310, NAF Personnel Program Management and Administration Procedures, para 188.8.131.52). For current nonappropriated fund (NAF) employees, pay setting rules apply (REF: AFMAN 34-310, NAF Personnel Program Management and Administration Procedures, Table 18).
5. “Any Individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable, will not be appointed”.